MEAL PREP TIP MONDAY: Steamed Eggs
Attention, 202 Strong members (and other visitors)! Welcome to our first official: MEAL PREP TIP MONDAY.
Every Monday, our EatWell Nutrition Coach, Shannon Keating, will be sharing a handy meal prep tip for you. Starting today with…
Tip # 1: Use your steamer basket to make a batch of steamed eggs!
If boiled eggs have been left out of your meal prep routine because you’ve failed the “perfect hardboiled egg” one too many times and have no patience for difficult-to-peel eggs, fear no further. Steaming your eggs solves this issue immediately!
Follow these instructions for perfect, fall-out-of-the-shell, steamed eggs:
1. Fill a pot with 2-3” of water.
2. Add steamer basket along with 6-10 eggs.
3. Set heat to medium-high to bring water to a boil.
4. Once water’s boiling, turn heat down to medium, put a lid on the pot, and steam eggs for 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, run eggs under very cold water or plunge into ice bath.
6. Enjoy a couple steamed eggs throughout the week in meals or as easy portable snacks!
Lastly, on a side note, the health benefit of eggs range far and wide. Their nutrients include: easily digested protein, anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats, antioxidants, B vitamins, and ALL the fat soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K.
Now go steam up some eggs!